Thursday, August 4, 2016

Storing Floss

I've written about this once before, but thought I'd do an updated post.
Please note, I do earn money if you buy through the links provided.  If this bothers you, just ignore them.

What might be hidden behind door #1:

This is the armoire that I finally painted.  The door is covered in chalkboard paint - I've just been too lazy to actually write anything on it.

And behind the door we find...

The top shelf holds my few paints and glues.  The next 3 shelves are the real treat:  floss!

The boxes are these:


I needed five of the thin ones to hold all my DMC floss.  If you click on the photo, you can see that I've added my own custom labels to show what numbers are in each box (engraved!  Ah the perks of owning your own trophy shop.).

The larger box holds my specialty flosses:  GAST, Wildflowers, Perle Cottons, etc.

The bobbins that I use are:

The smaller bobbins are for my DMC, the larger ones are for my specialty threads.

The DMC floss that I need for a project gets pulled from my master stash and put on rings.  I always store them in numerical order so that they are easy to find.

Here are the flosses that I'm using for La Belle Dame Sans Merci:

As you can see, I have 4 rings of floss for this project.  The first number I'm using is 154 which is on the leftmost ring and the last number is 3864 which is on the rightmost ring and all the other numbers are in order in between.

What I love about this way of doing it, apart from the fact that it works for me, is:
  • They're organized
  • Easy to find
  • Take up very little room
  • Easily accessible
  • Easy to store with the project when it's not being worked on
Here are my projects that are being stored (photo is old, some of these are finished now):

I hope this helps you in your cross stitch endeavors!

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: