Wednesday, September 2, 2015

HAP SAL September report + County Fair Results

I made progress on my La Belle Dame Sans Merci this past month.

Here are the before and afters:




I went from 51.61% to 54.88% complete!

I've also made a bit of progress on my Rapunzel but no picture yet.


I've taken a break from my rotation [insert stunned gasp here] to work on some model stitching.  This is for a pattern of my own creation which I am keeping under wraps until I'm ready to offer it in my Etsy shop.  The only hints you will get are that I tea-dyed some fabric and I bought GAST threads in Forest Glade, Acorn, and Weathered Barn.  No, an actual barn is not even remotely related to the pattern.  ;-)


Now to the county fair results!  I showed at the Pacific County Fair this year after the Grays Harbor County Fair (Washington state, USA).

I entered my French Santas as a pair, my Sisters Three by Paula Vaughan, the Heirloom Christmas Sampler, and my crocheted table topper.

Sisters Three and the crocheted table topper:



Won these ribbons (one each, of course):



















The French Santas, as a pair:


Won these ribbons:


















The Heirloom Christmas Sampler:



Won these:



















Yes, I'm happy with the results!  On the way to pick these up at the end of the fair, DH asked me how I thought I'd done.  I told him I "expected" four blue ribbons.  He said I was going to get 2 rosettes as well.  I'm glad I didn't bet him on it.  I would have lost the bet for winning!  lol

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

4 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, congrats on all the ribbons! I wish we had fairs like that, it sounds like so much fun :)

Annie said...

Congrats on all the ribbons! Your stitching is beautiful, you deserve them:)

Heather said...

Congrats those are some great ribbons. I love the rainbow grand champion one!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

HURRAH FOR THE WINS!! Remind me to never go up against you at the fair!