Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sistine Chapel update

Well, the last round of my rotation found me working on The Sistine Chapel.  I just finished page 4!  Due to the switch from Daylight Savings Time, I got in an extra hour of stitching.  My behind was a bit sore from sitting for so long, but it was worth it.

Here's my progress photo:


Next up is my focus piece, La Belle Dame Sans Merci.  The knight will finally start to get a body!  Plus, there will be a bit of sparkle as some of his armor uses blending filament!  I seriously, can't wait.  

Well, I do have to wait a bit.  The Seattle Seahawks are playing at 1:25pm and I have to watch them!  That means that my Dimensions ornament will see at least a little progress.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

6 comments:

Connie Aldridge said...

I'd love to know how big this piece is gonna end up being when you get done. Number of stitches?

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a seriously massive project - congrats on the page finish!

Cinzia said...

Hi, my name is Cinzia, from Naples, Italy. I was roaming through some of the blogs I follow and came across yours, and I loved it! You are stitching two of my favourite charts, one being "God speed " that I have, and the other one "la belle dame" that I would like to buy. One question, does "la belle dame" chart has lots of confetti stitches? I seriously hate confetti!
Again, great works!
Cinzia

Stacy C. said...

Cinzia, thank you for your lovely comments! Based on what I've done so far on La Belle, I would say that yes, it does have confetti but a manageable amount. One of the pages in the second row had about 50 stitches of various colors and the rest of the page was all black!

Michelle Aukett said...

Hi Stacy, I am also starting to do the "Sistine Chapel" and was happy to see that you are also doing it. I need some advice, if you don't mind.

Because of its length and width it really doesn't fit on to a frame, I would have to fold part of it and work top section then the bottom section ?

Or just use a hoop and roll the material up in card board roll, you know those from aluminum foil so it does get dirty.

Many thanks and good luck with it and I will be watching your progress !

Kindest regards,
Michelle Demetra Aukett

Michelle Aukett said...

Oops, a correction !

"So it does'nt get dirty"

Michelle