Thursday, January 23, 2014

A finished finish...

"I'm not repeating myself, I'm not repeating myself.  Oh [no], I'm repeating myself."

Brownie points to anyone who recognizes the slightly edited movie quote.  ;-)

Anyway, a finished finish means that a finished piece of stitchery is also Framed!  Woo hoo!  It is my SAL piece from the 2013 HAED BB.  Unfortunately, they aren't doing a SAL for 2014 but this one was fun.

Drumroll please...

Here is the finished/framed piece:

 
The frame and mat are from PictureFrames.com.  The frame is an unfinished wood frame that I painted with black and silver metallic acrylic paints that I mixed together.  The mat color is a dark green called Black Watch. 
 
The unfinished frame was a really good sale price so I got another one for my QS Hummingbird.  I want to paint that frame before I use it but I don't currently have any green acrylic paint so I need to get some.  Shopping!!  Yee Haw!!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
Stacy

3 comments:

stitcherw said...

Beautiful finish, I'm still working on my Literate Dragon from the SAL, but getting close.
Sue

demeter83 said...

Don't recognise the quote I'm afraid, but your stitching is beautiful!

Spice up your Life said...

Looking fab!