Thursday, February 7, 2013

A small finish!

As I was cleaning out my stash, I stumbled across two things that were meant to be together:  a towel with an area to be stitched and a Huck embroidery pattern.

I've never done Huck embroidery and I thought that I'd given all the supplies I had to my sister.  Once the Huck fabric, books and bodkin needles were all gone and then I found the towel and pattern, I figured that meant I needed to at least try it.

This is fitting in with the resolutions that I set for myself.  Since I'd decided to stitch the towel, I figured I'd do it as a gift for my mother for Christmas.  I used blues and silver to give it a kind of winter feel.  There were two bands for stitching and I did each one in a different pattern.



Happy Stitching!

Stacy

2 comments:

sharine said...

Both towels look very nice:)

mdgtjulie said...

Very pretty, Stacy. I love those colors too.