Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blog Hop #6: Stitching Rituals

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop


I was late doing Hop #5 so Hop #6 is here already.  Here's the question:

Some of us have a favorite chair that we sit in to stitch, others prefer to enjoy a steaming mug of tea while they stitch. Maybe you need to get comfortable and put on your pajamas before you pick up your needle or you simply must rearrange all the sofa pillows before you sit down. Sometimes the ritual is in the clean up when we’re done and everything must go in a certain place. What sort of stitching rituals do you have when you sit down to work on your projects?
I've never thought about my stitching having any rituals but now that I do think about it, I do!

I am blessed to have my own room for my stitching/sewing/crocheting and such.  When I get ready to cross stitch, I do have a bit of a ritual.  I turn on my tv; pop a movie or tv show into the DVD player; turn on my daylight lamp; hook my scissors onto my shirt and settle in to stitching mode!  Lately, I've added another step before I get to my cross stitch - I hand quilt on my string quilt for one length of thread.

Sometimes I have a beverage, usually Pepsi, but not always.  If my DVD ends but I'm not quite done with a length of thread, then I'll turn the radio on for the few extra minutes that I need.

Yes, I have a special chair for when I stitch.  I have a glider rocker with a matching, gliding ottoman.

Oooh, now I have to go do a bit of actual work so that I can get to my ritual!

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

7 comments:

Shaunterria said...

I thought the same thing when I read the prompt - I did not think this applied to me, but when I contemplated it a bit more I realized doing the same thing every time I stitch = my own stitching ritual *lol*

--shaunterria
ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

Kasey said...

I love that you have your own room. I have a section of my office dedicated to my stitching supplies, but I love to be out with the family when actually stitching.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Its interesting that you have your own room. I used to for just the computer but found I felt so left out of what was going on in the rest of the house so when it was time for a new one I got a laptop so I could hang out in the living room.

Meari said...

Lucky you to have your own room. I have a spare bedroom that I use to store my crafting stuff (and other stuff!), but there's not enough room for a chair and TV. *sigh*

Unknown said...

Love your own room - I would love a place to stitch, where sometimes, I think I would just close the door to be alone with the stitching - no interrupting. That would be so nice.

Loretta said...

Your own room for uninterrupted stitching? I'm more than jealous!

CJ said...

Add me to the list of jealous stitchers, I wish I had my own craft room with TV and comfy chair--one day, one day!!

CJ