Friday, July 25, 2008

Shopping

Yesterday, I was able to take a break from work and go to my LQS (Local Quilt Store).

I bought a Moda Marble, Mulberry to use as the backing on my Decadent Victorian quilt. I also picked up four 1/3 yard cuts of black fabrics to use in my next quilt. I am going to do a scrappy Triple Irish Chain.

To make it look a bit planned yet still scrappy, I am going to do 2 of the diagonals in assorted blacks while the rest of the small squares will be completely scraps. Each scrap piece of fabric is a 2" square. At the size I want to do the quilt, I need 1080 black squares (already cut!!!) and 1400+ of various scraps. I still have to cut about 600 more of the scraps.

While I'm cutting the squares for the Irish Chain quilt, I am also trying to organize the rest of my small pieces of fabric. I'm mostly following the ideas that Bonnie has laid out on her site Quiltville (thanks, Bonnie!!).

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: