Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cross Stitch WIPs

Finally, I've gotten around to taking photos of my current cross stitch WIPs. So without further ado, here they are.
First up, we have Flight of Freedom. This is a Dimensions Gold kit. I'm doing it 'cause hubby saw it in a catalog and asked "Do you want me to buy it so you can stitch it for me?". I told him "Yeah, right." with very heavy sarcasm. The next day, I had my mother order it so that he wouldn't see a charge on our credit card. I worked on it only after he had gone to bed. He took off on a trip with his brother at the end of June and I figured that I could finally put in some real time on it and work on it in the living room. He was planning to be gone from Wednesday morning (early) to late afternoon on Sunday. I started work on it as soon as I got up Wed. morning. That Saturday, I had to be at my mom's for a family gathering. I got home in the early evening planning to work on it before bedtime then hide it upstairs again before I left for church on Sunday. Guess who was lying on the sofa when I got home on Sat.? You guessed it. I told him, "That's the last time I try to stitch something as a surprise for you." He likes it so far and I have more time to work on it now.
Here's how the finished project will look.

Here's my progress so far. About 2/3 of this has been done since that Wednesday of his trip. All of the sky/mountain is done in half stitches which thankfully, makes it work up more quickly.

Next, is my progress on the 12 Days of Christmas by Teresa Wentzler.





I'm stitching this on a single piece of fabric which I will then frame with a multiple window mat.


Here's my progress on Heirloom Christmas Sampler from the Victoria Sampler.








For no particular reason, this one is a low priority in my rotation.



And lastly, my progress on Wild Menagerie from Cross My Heart.
What it will look like finished.

I've finished the tiger and am working on the lion. Because the fabric is so wide, it wouldn't fit on my scroll frames normally. I'm stitching it rotated 90°. The tiger is at the top of my frames and the cheetah will be at the bottom. When I stitch, I have the pattern rotated as well.


Happy Stitching!!
Stacy

No comments: